Outstanding Council Award
One Alabama PTA council is selected as the Outstanding Council based on the Outstanding Council Award application found in the Council President's Handbook.
Award: Plaque presented to one statewide winner.
Helen Talbot Membership Achievement Award
Certificate awarded to each council that has all member PTAs remitting dues to Alabama PTA postmarked by March 1.
Council Membership Award
Certificate awarded to the council with the highest percentage of increase in total membership (as reported by member PTAs) over the previous year's total membership, submitted to Alabama PTA postmarked by March 1.
Legislative Advocacy Award
Award: Plaque presented to one statewide winner
Criteria: Consistent and effective legislative activities based on the following:
1. Legislative chair appointed.
2. Legislative workshops attended.
3. Network for contacting public officials established and used.
4. PTA members educated about legislative issues.
5. Local, state and/or national legislative program participation.