Every Child. One Voice.
The PTA Mission
The mission of the National PTA is three-fold.
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children; and
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; and
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school so parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
The Alabama PTA is the strongest statewide organization working exclusively on behalf of children and youth. Founded in 1911, Alabama PTA's primary objective is to strengthen the family unit through parent involvement.